Home > Sarathi Diu Darshan
Sarathi Diu Darshan Bus for Tourist started from 1st March, 2015
Fare:
Rs. 600/- per person (including Breakfast, Buffet Lunch, Evening Snack).
Free for children below 5 years.

Free: Ferry ride, free guided tour & 30% discount on water sports activities.
St. Paul's Church:
St. Paul’s Church is dedicated to our Lady of Immaculate Conception. The construction of the church was started in 1601 and was completed in the year 1610. The main facade of the church is perhaps the most elaborate of all Portuguese churches in India. The façade has been illuminated by flood lights.

The church adorned with curiously treated volutes and shell - like motifs and the magnificent wood carving is considered to be the most elaborate of all the Portuguese churches in India. St. Paul Church, built in 1691 is consecrated to our Lady of Immaculate Conception. In architectural style it resembles Bom Jesus Church at Goa. The dominant features are, no doubt, Gothic. The wood - paneling of the church is rated one of the best in church craftsmanship.
Nagoa Beach :
It is located near the Nagoa hamlet of the village of Bucharwada. The Beach is exceptionally beautiful and quiet. In this horse - shoe shaped beach, various water sports facilities are available. It is completely safe for swimming. Plenty of Hoka trees whisper and sway in the intoxicating sea breeze all day long. The virginity of the beach and serenity of the surroundings give the visitor peace and pleasure beyond expression.

A perfect semi circle beach where the gentle lapping waves beckon you to wade into them for a fun filled time of swimming or just lolling around the soft sand shores or to find you napping under the palm trees filled with the smoothing breeze.
Fort :
Among the places of tourist interest, the Fort of Diu occupies a prominent position. It is an expansive and imposing structure, situated on the coast of the island. The fort commands a magnificent view of sea. It was constructed between 1535 and 1541 AD.

The fort is skirted by the Sea on the three sides. On the fort stands a giant Light House. Several canons still stare menacingly from top. The main front wall is having five huge windows with stone galleries. The Fort has been creatively lit, which creates a breath taking views at night.

Rugged yet gentle, fierce yet loving. The majestic structure stands on the coast of DIU as a sentinel. Once inside, you are overwhelmed by the gaunt majesty of the ancient stone work which transports you to a bygone era of gallant soldiers where time stands still.
St. Thomas Church (Museum):
The old St. Thomas Church has been converted into a museum which houses antique statues, various stone inscriptions of the earlier rulers, wooden carvings and idols. In evening, multicolored fountains and special lighting of the imposing building fascinate everyone.

A huge edifice in gothic architecture was built in 1598. A part of it has been converted into a museum - an archaeological treasure house. The artifact displayed are of wood 400 ears old (16th Century).
Panikotha (Fortim do Mar):
The Fortress of Panikotha is a magnificent stone structure in the sea, built right at the mouth of the creek. Approximately one nautical mile from the Diu jetty, it also has a light house and a small chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Sea. Located in the middle of the sea, the fortress creates a beautiful view whether seen from the jetty, from the Fort, from the Village of Ghoghla or from Diu proper. Special light effects at night give it a mesmerizing beauty. To reach Panikotha, tourists boats are available.

Legend has it that this ship shape structure was one connected with land by an under sea tunnel. You can see this monument in famous Bollywood movie "QAYAMAT".
Summer House / South Pole Point/ Jallandhar Beach:
Summer House / South Pole Point / Jallandhar Shrine is located on hillock close to the beach. This small shrine crowned with a dome houses a stone carved face of Jallandhar a mythological demon who was killed by Lord Krishna. Near by there is also a temple of Goddess Chandrika. The beach is at a distance of 1 ks from Diu Town.
Naida Cave:
The Naida Caves are situated outside the city wall. These caves have an intriguing, overgrown network of square hewn hollows and steps leading off into nowhere. This is where the Portuguese hacked out their building materials. The artificial caves near Naida Village. It consist of 11 caves.
INS Khukri Memorial :
Indian Naval ship Khukri was a frigate of the Indian Navy. During the India Pakistan War in 1971 she fell prey to three torpedoes fired at her by a Pakistani Submarine. She sank 40 nautical miles off the coast of Diu taking down with her a crew of 18 Officers and 176 sailors. Captain Mahendra Nath Mulla Mahavir Chakra (Post Honour) of the Indian Navy, the then Commanding Officer of the ship, chose to go down with the warship. The heroic act of Captain Mulla and his valiant crew is a shining example of unyielding spirit and indomitable courage glorifying the heist traditions of the Indian Navy. There is an amphitheater just adjoining the memorial.

It was inaugurated on 15th December, 1999 in memory of the officers and the sailors who chose to go down with the warship INS KHUKRI when it was hit by a salve of three torpedoes fired from PNS Hangor, a Pakistani Submarine on 09/12/1971 during the INDO-PAK war.
Gangeshwar Temple:
This is situated 3 km far in Fudam village. Five shivlings, are located in the midst of the rocks on the seashore, washed by the tidal waves of the sea. It is believed that the 5 Pandavas during their exile worshipped Lord Shiva in this temple.

The gentle sea waves offering their obeisance to the "Shiva Lingas" in stone have a mystic aura around them in the cave temple of Gangeshwar where the Lord makes his presence felt.
Back TOP